Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Face of Encouragement

I've had a period here lately where I have been praying heavily for many things, and one has been encouragement. Encouragement for myself and my family as are hearts are heavy and weary with this leg of service in our lives and we are all very much looking ahead to the moment when we can fully sigh with relief and soak in some time of each other, uninterrupted. 

When I pray something such as this, it is always overwhelming to witness God's response. When He is ready to move on our behalf, he doesn't do it just a little. No, He does it in a way that we have no chance of denying that He has been with us. How grateful I am! How grateful that He is indeed always with us, and, that He loves us so deeply to remind us in very personal ways that touch our heart like nothing else. 

Today I pray that I can be that for my family. 
That I will not miss an opportunity to lift them up and show them my love for them, each in their own personal way. 
Today I pray that I will not be distracted by the things that are out of my control, but instead, I will rest in the knowledge that He is sovereign over all.
Today, I hope we are a light in a dark room that proclaims His glory so clearly that tension and disorder fall away and TRUTH is left standing.
While I also pray for results, more, I pray for His will in our lives and for His peace and protection to blanket us as we wait for His timing to reveal His perfect plan.

"The hedges, or hindrances, are right for us, or He will quickly remove them. And doesn't it stand to reason that whatever seems to block our way may also provide for our protection?" 
~Frances Ridley Havergal

Trusting, Waiting, Hoping,

No comments:

Post a Comment