Saturday, June 9, 2012

Unexpected Blessings!

With the finalization of our long awaited adoption, I expected there to be many things to celebrate! But we have also experienced some unexpected blessings that I want to pause and be grateful for.

Filling out documents and where it requests "relationship to ____" being about to finally put MOTHER. :) Didn't expect that one to make me emotional, but it did! Signing as my sweet child's MOTHER was a confirming milestone that blessed my heart. 

Hearing my sweet child's name paired with our family's last name at a recent appointment....music to my ears!

Having her say "Mommy" to me as she does hundreds of times a day, but now without that tinge of ache and concern that used to instantly penetrate my heart. Before, when she called me mommy, knowing that was who I was, but also knowing I may not have the lifetime privilege would always cause that knot in my throat that couldn't be swallowed. Not any more!!! I pick her up and squeeze her and kiss her and tell her over and over how much I love her and how that is exactly who I am, her mommy!!! 
I am a blessed and grateful mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment