Friday, July 8, 2011

The weight of wings

I love this book.

Every time I pick it up it encourages and challenges me.

Today God has chosen to speak to my heart through this book once again. I am so thankful.

When you think of a bird in flight, the last thing that probably comes to mind is a heaviness, a burden or weight. Just the opposite are the ideas that flood my thoughts. Today's message challenges that, by asking that one consider the birds as carefree and song-filled before being offered the weight of wings. However, with the added burden, also comes a freedom that would otherwise have gone undiscovered. How true this is of life!

These two quotes share the idea so beautifully, I wanted to share....(and if you don't have this book, it's a must have!)
"There is no burden so heavy that when lifted cheerfully with love in our hearts will not become a blessing to us. God intends for our tasks to be our helpers; to refuse to bend our shoulders to carry a load is to miss a new opportunity for growth." ~J.R. Miller

"No matter how overwhelming, a burden God has lovingly placed with His own hands on our shoulders is a blessing." ~Frederick William Faber

There are absolutely days I wish to avoid it, more than I wish to admit, but truth is, I don't want to miss it! I'm certain His best for me is far greater than that which I can imagine on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment