Friday, January 27, 2012

Always room to learn...

I tell my children this all the time. There is always something new to learn if you are just looking for it. Always. Same is true with prayer. 

Used to, I would pray and think "Why didn't you answer my prayer Lord?". Now, I'm learning to pause and respond more with, "Ok, Lord. So you have something else in mind. It's obviously not what I was thinking was best and I don't fully understand right now, but I trust you. I know you love me. I know your hand is actively guiding my life and the lives of my precious family. Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store. It's gonna be good isn't it!? Way better than I was able to dream! Thank you for loving me so fully in spite of my failings. I love you too."

This, my friends, is not always easy. It's not always my immediate reaction. However, it is where true peace waits. Today, I want to linger there. The longer I linger, the more familiar it becomes, and that is good. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment