Monday, January 23, 2012

DREAM BIG!!!

Today has offered me many reminders to dream. And dream BIG!

It started this morning with a bed piled with my 3 youngest watching an animated movie far to early, as I let their older sisters sleep in from a long day/late night yesterday. As I lay there snug in the middle of the pile, I paused to absorb the moment. To fully soak it in. As I did, I remembered that this wasn't the happily ever after I had imagined for myself. No, it was God's plan that became my life when I gave it over to him. And WOW!!!! It is soooooo much better than anything I could have dreamed! I immediately felt like God whispered to my heart that he wasn't done yet. 

~Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV~
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory!

This verse first spoke to me years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. There were some anxieties tied to the pregnancy, and this verse spoke directly to my heart, by a friend giving a passionate message about God's work in our lives. I have carried this verse closely ever since. I believe it fully! I have witnessed it in my own life over and over. I'm confident that he isn't finished, and that frankly, I have no where near seen his best yet!

He had my sweet boy walk through the room I was in singing the song, "Would you dare, would you dare to believe? That you still have a reason to sing? The pain that you've been feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming...." Ah yes! A beautiful reminder from a precious messenger.

The baby having to wear her new Princess shirt, as in undressing herself to have you put on the shirt she wanted to wear. The message on that shirt just so happen to be, "Daring to Dream". 

A random message across facebook that said, "Dear one, May you walk through this evening with the calm assurance that your life is safe in My Hands. Trust Me. I have everything under control. - God"

While some days my eyes can fog and my heart grow weary, today I am encouraged. Humbled. Careful. Patient. Unknowing of the future, but certain of his hand at work. And with that, he has given me repeated reminders this day to dream! To dream big and watch him blow me away!

Thank you Lord, for lifting my heart today and not only allowing me to dream, but challenging me to.

 Exodus 14:14 - "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

No comments:

Post a Comment