Saturday, January 16, 2010

Perspective

I feel like I'm surrounded by so many things I simply don't understand. While I have no doubt prayed for understanding, I am realizing that more important than understanding in the midst of it all is having HOPE. Remembering that God IS fully aware of all that surrounds me, you, Haiti, the world. I want to be filled with the genuine hope that comes from remembering that there truly is something more. Something bigger than the here & now. Something great, that God will reveal in each appropriate moment. With sickness, deep sadness and devastation seemingly abundant, this can be hard. My perspective blurs and I realize what a shortsighted person I am. But today, today I am hopeful! No real miracles yet to report, but just the open door of possibilities. This is a new day. The day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice. Not because my heart isn't broken or my burdens are light, but because there is HOPE.

God comforts us not to make us comfortable but to make us comforters. - John Henry Jowett

No comments:

Post a Comment