Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So thankful....

...for the work God continues to do in my heart, that He never gives up on me, regardless.
For the gracious perspective He provides through His Word.
For His perfect timing.
For His love and comfort.

Ecclesiastes 7:3 "Sorrow is better than laughter, for a sad face is good for the heart."
This is a verse that has seemed kind of puzzling to me. But considering the state of my heart, and the changes in my overall outlook on things over the past months, I certainly believe the sorrow I've faced has been used by God to lead a transformation within. Sorrow has helped align my priorities and efforts. Sorrow has inspired me. Sorrow has given me a desire to connect with and help others. Sorrow has revealed the amazing love of my Creator like I've never experienced before.
I read a quote today from Henry Clay Trumball that said, "In the same way we say, 'Blessed is the night, for it reveals the stars to us,' we can say, 'Blessed is sorrow, for it reveals God's comfort.' How true this has been for me. And as I pray specifically for those around me hurting and sorrowful...family, friends, the people of Haiti, strangers, orphans, those serving and those being served...my prayer is that they may experience His complete comfort, a comfort that surpasses all our understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment