Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White as Snow

We have been unusually blessed with a bit more winter weather than normal this year. While the temps and wind are blistery cold for our area, the snow that accompanies them is a beautiful sight. The purity offered by a fresh, uninterrupted snow is breathtaking. I love the way it covers over every blemish of the landscape equally and beautifully. The crimson cardinals seem to glow against the soft background and the almost instant cozy mood that is brought by the fluffy flakes floating by the window is a welcome comfort.

Today it reminds me of the sufficiency of Christ and the price He paid to make me appear as pure and white as the snow. I am grateful.

Jesus Paid It All
I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone
Can change the leper's spots
And melt the heart of stone

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

Oh, praise the One who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment