Friday, May 14, 2010

Avoiding Distractions

Oh how they will undoubtedly come! And even more boldly once you have decided to follow God's will for your life! I find myself smack in the middle of such "distraction" right now.

Andy and I have been praying for God to reveal His plan for our lives for some time now. We have been exploring all kinds of possibilities, but have yet to see clearly the specific way in which He wants us to move. While attempting to be patient, we also haven't wanted to waste anytime with our wheels spinning. We decided this past Saturday to pray together for some very specific clarity in certain areas. That we wouldn't continue to discuss them, but just pray, and come back together in one week to then discuss how we felt God was leading. Well, who knew the roller coaster that would bring with it! This has been a crazy busy week, with lots of ups and downs, questions and frustrations, all of which came to a head last night as we sat on the cold damp floor of our basement surrounded my every, single towel in our house, soaking wet from the water that had emptied from our washer onto the floor rather than the drain it is suppose to.....laughing! Well, I wish I could say that is how it started, but admittedly it was not. But, at least after the frantic mop up and a few ugly remarks that crossed our minds....and a few that even crossed my lips.... it did end that way.
As we sat there, it was so easy to confirm that what we were facing was the adversary who was not pleased with our efforts and was determined to fight against us. With that came a great assurance that we were indeed on God's path for our family!!!! Praise God for overflowing washers that make a HUGE mess and unplanned days of work! My house is literally upside down right now, but I am celebrating a victory! Thank you God for offering this "neon sign" that declares that we are Yours and You are pleased with our efforts!

And friends, as you think of us, please pray for God's continued work within our family to be recognized as what it is and that we would bring Him glory in all we do. (and say!) :)

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

CLINGING TO TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment