Monday, May 17, 2010

Waiting!

It's not something I do very well. I have spurts yes, but tend to have major patience issues. I feel like our family has been in a state of waiting for some time now. And while I knew it was with purpose, I think only now am I beginning to truly understand. When you are in waiting mode, you can easily feel like you're wasting time or even worse, that you are useless. My devotion today, in Streams in the Desert, reminds me that neither are true! Waiting can even be a gift from God! Wow!!! There are so many moments I wish I had seen it this way before, surely it would have helped offer a more joyful perspective and attitude! Here's a few quotes that especially caught my attention.
"Often the Lord calls us aside from our work for a season and asks us to be still and learn before we go out again to minister. And the hours spent waiting are not lost time."
"Quite often God will ask us to wait before we go, so we may fully recover from our last mission before entering the next stage of our journey and work."

Thank you God for your infinite wisdom that knows the perfect time! Even when I impatiently rush you or repeatedly ask "Now Lord?", you have been understanding. You have offered me hope in the most desperate moments and poured your love over me like never before. I praise you!

Waiting! Yes, patiently waiting!
Till next steps made plain will be;
To hear, with the inner hearing,
The Voice that will call for me.

Waiting! Yes, hopefully waiting!
With hope that need not grow dim;
The Master is pledged to guide me,
And my eyes are unto Him.

Waiting! Expectantly waiting!
Perhaps it may be today
The Master will quickly open
The gate to my future way.

Waiting! Yes waiting! still waiting!
I know, though I've waited long,
That, while He withholds His purpose,
His waiting cannot be wrong.

Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!
The Master will not be late:
Since He knows that I am waiting
For Him to unlatch the gate.

J. Danson Smith

JEREMIAH 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment