Friday, April 15, 2011

Faith

My timely readings today...

Psalm 119:42  I trust in your word.

My reminders of Faith...

Faith rests on the pure Word of God alone.

Faith has nothing to do with feelings, impressions, outward appearances, or probability of an event.

God delights in causing us to exercise our faith. Delights. I can't read that word without smiling.

"Oh, may we leave ourselves in the hands of our heavenly Father! It is the joy of His heart to do good to all His children." Do I believe this? Do my actions represent that belief? Does my heart?

I am learning. Learning to fully appreciate His gentleness and kindness, so I will be able to say just how good He is, and so I will know what a delight it is to His heart to do good for me.

When we take Him at His word our hearts are at peace.

"I will patiently wait to see the good God will do in my life, with the calm assurance He will do it."

 Reading and quotes from Cowan's Streams in the Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment